Top 3 Software Programs for Guitarists
Music software development is a form of computer programming that is used in musical production. The development of musical software started way back in the 1960’s and 70’s. The software at that time was generally primitive. However, there have been major developments over the years. Now the level of music education one can get using software is very high. Electronic music production has also significantly improved.Some electronic musicians are even hiring local software development companies to create custom software.
What was originally done in a recording studio filled with complex machines can now simply be done on one computer, using streamlined music programs. Computers are now able to improvise music scores on their own. They can even produce notes of their own without human instruction since they can function on a mathematical algorithm.
Guitar Pro Music Software
This is a widely known composition software available for Windows and Macintosh. The latest version, 6.0, includes a large number of improvements on the features that have made it one of the most powerful and popular guitar tablature editor on the market. It has a combination of a tablature editor, score player and backing band, all in one. Using it, a guitarist can comfortably improve, compose and accompany himself on the guitar. It features;
- An RSE (Realistic Sound Engine), which gives you a real-time playback of your scores with sound samples taken from high quality guitars and real time effects.
- A mix table, with which you can control volume, pan, chorus, reverb and more.
- Tablature and standard notation.
- Scales tool, virtual fretboard or keyboard, metronome and countdown.
- Digital or MIDI tuner.
- Import and export MIDI and ASCII format files.
- Share with friends option.
PitchPerfect Software Program
This is a free guitar tuning software for guitarists. it eliminates the need of tuning a guitar using conventional methods and it automatically detects the note you are playing.
It is available for Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7 and 8, Mac OS X 10.4 or later version; iPhone and Android.
It has the following features;
- Tune to any note you want.
- Amazing tool for checking fret board notation.
- Highly accurate pitch detection.
- Perfectly simple and intuitive interface.
- Tuning can be done through any available sound input device including microphone or line in.
- It eliminates the constraints of conventional tuning patterns.
This is an amazing guitar software for Mac OSX and Windows.
It has the following features;
- Get the guitar chords for any song in your collection.
- See the guitar chords synced with the original music.
- Transpose the music in semi tones (+/- 1 octave)
- Fine tuning
- Capo feature enables one to see capo chord positions.
- Slow down and speed up audio without affecting pitch
- Remove vocals and create karaoke backing tracks using isolate tools.
- Automatic metronome.
- Perfect looping.
- Downloads songs in any of these formats; MP3 WMA, OGG,WAV, FLAC, AIF, AIFF
Other guitar software include MIDI guitar, guitar toolkit, tab toolkit and Ultimate Guitar tabs. You can also find software for beginners and start with the basics and gauge their progress. Recently, there has been an increase in the number of software development companies like Axios that enhance the development of new and existing software.